What is Academic Coaching?
There are a variety of ways coaches support educators, most common is to build skill … to become a master teacher. Transformative coaching brings attention to how an educator’s perspective impact students’ outcomes.
- How might classroom management be impacted by the teacher’s perspective?
- What might play out differently for students if asked “what do you want”?
Reach out to me for answer to these questions from educators who have created a “coach-like” classroom. The results are staggering!
Educator Coaching Skills Training & Coaching
- Audience: K-12 Educators
- Process: 6-hour training to equip educators with coaching skills; real time coaching
- Outcomes: Shift from “tell to ask” model; increased student-teacher trust; student self-efficacy & accountability
- Audience: High School Educators
- Process: Group sharing & learning, classroom presentations, student 1:1 coaching
- Outcomes: Perspective shifts; Improved coaching skills & student behavior
Leadership Development Training & Coaching
- Audience: Educational Services Leadership Team
- Process: Quarterly workshop to share common language and distinctions; 1;1 coaching
- Outcomes: Increased accountability; built, repaired and maintained trust; shifts to more honest, trusting communication; empowered individuals with fewer fears
Student 1:1 Coaching
- Audience: High School Students
- Process: 1:1 coaching beginning with identifying values & gifts, limiting beliefs and barriers, declaring dreams and actions to achieve them
- Outcomes: Students feel “heard” which increases self-confidence & empowerment; study habits, organizational and time management skills & relationships improve; as accountability increases so do grades